View Single Post
Old 08-21-2001, 06:33 AM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Wildhorse:
Sorry but I respectfuly do not agree with the theory of "To each his own". The game was meant for being played one way. It cost enough to buy it as to enjoy it the way it was build. Taking the "cheating" route only makes this game a generic nothing, might as well not play it out as you change one aspect that you cannot change otherwise, you change the game totally and (in my book) you do not play BGII but something else. I know you are the moderator, and hope you won't mind my different opinion as I do not hold my opinion for anyone, I speak freely regardless of who is what.

Why would I hold it against you? We don't suppress anyone's opinions here.

I think you are expressing an opinion above but are portraying it as a fact. Just because YOU don't like cheating or customizing doesn't mean that nobody does. If I was a casual gamer and bought BG2 and got sick of playing it because it was too difficult for me, why shouldn't I make the game easier for myself? Or should I just give up? Or should I just keep trying and trying for months by which time the fun is long gone and my self-esteem has taken a battering (I'm exaggerating here).

Isn't the reason you buy a game is to derive enjoyment out of it? You derive enjoyment by beating the game's challenges. Someone else might derive enjoyment for a totally different reason.

At the end of the day, it's your game once you buy it - there's nothing on the box that says you lose points or are less of a player if you didn't complete it the way it was "meant to be played".

Don't take the above as a flame - I'm giving you MY opinion now and trying to show you that there may be one way to finish the game, but a myriad number of ways to play it.

------------------