View Single Post
Old 09-25-2002, 03:01 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

As many of you know, I was approached with an offer to buy the NAME of 'Ironworks Gaming'. (Just the Name, not the content and stuff), and When I told all my friends here, they said 'ask for at least a Million for it.

At the time, I was blinded by all these larger figures, and looking back at that, I don't know why I listened to them, a MILLION for a name? (Maybe if I was named CNN or something)

So I told these people that wanted to buy the name to make me an offer--They did: $4.000. I said "no thanks" and told them I was not interested at that figure.

So, as time went by, I got them up to $45,000K (BIG leap from 4,000K huh? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, as these past 6 weeks have gone by, I have been a busy bee. Here is what I decided:

I have (After a VERY long time) thought it out, and have decided to sell the NAME 'Ironworks Gaming'. (As I said, JUST the name, not the website content in ANY way).

I came to this decision by the current finances I am currently in, and to tell you the truth, I am losing money on the site, and NEED this to continue the Forum and Websites. So here is what I have done:

I have copyrighted and trademarked 2 names and logos (Soon to be opened), they are:

www.escapeforums.com and www.escapegaming.com
The 'Escape' part is a play on words off of my 'Original' website, "The Great Escape" at www.tgeweb.com.

What will become of the web domains www.ironworksgaming.com and www.ironworksforum.com? They will both be turned over to the purchaser when the contract is completed soon, and here is what will happen:

www.ironworksforum.com will become www.escapeforums.com ... and:
www.ironworksgaming.com will become www.escapegaming.com (Or/Also)
www.tgeweb.com/escapegaming/index.shtml

I will KEEP the www.tgeweb.com domain name.

To make this transition go more smoothly, I have BOTH domain names already set up and ready to go. Same IP address as well.

When the change-over happens, I will send out an email a few days before it happens, and give you the info. The info (new URL) are listed above, so if you want, go ahead and bookmark www.escapeforums.com now.

(www.escapegaming.com will simply forward you to www.tgeweb.com/escapegaming/index.shtml)

It should switch over easily. The only thing other than bookmarking the new URL is that if WE host your Sig image, you will need to change the URL from www.ironworksforum.com/xxx/xxx.gif to www.escapeforums.com/xxx/xxx.gif
The directory structure will remain the same.

With this large payment, I will be able to buy another server, and open up a dedicated NWN server, and even buy another faster PC for the Forum! I am also thinking of getting my home wired up, and host the servers HERE at HOME, instead of at my friends ISP.

Also, I plan to fix up the house a bit, pay off some of my Medical bills (catch up on them) and leave the rest in the bank and invest some.

I'll tell you who is buying the name, and what plans they will use the name for after the changeover.

But just remember, it's only the NAME that is changing. Same 'look' and feel of the Websites will stay the same!! With the exception of a new name and graphic logo.

The change-over won't take place for a few weeks, I'm sure. but BOOKMARK THIS URL ASP!

www.escapeforums.com

Even if you forget, all 10,000+ members will get an email giving you the scoop on what happened, and the new URL.

I hope you guys don't think I am a 'sell-out'. We REALLY need this money.
We can soon go from 'Ironworker's' to 'Escapees!!!' or an 'Escaper'

It's come full circle! Back to The Great Escape! Just remember, with this payout, we will be able to stay up for at LEAST another 5-10 years!

I just dread remaking ALL those logos... heheh.. I'm working on those now!

More soon folks! Hope you understand, and stick with us!!

[ 09-25-2002, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album