View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 12:01 PM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Default Re: We're BACK -- With borrowed Motherboard and CPU! Need Donations BAD for server!

Yeah, the plastic fan mount cracked, and the temps were rebooting it--this is the SECOND fan mount clip I replaced btw.. I think the short was in a circuit, because I looked the entire case over, and it was fine. (Very careful about that). Also, parts of the Motherboard stopped working--the network card built on the Motherboard died--nothing I did got it working again, then the RAM started writing errors to the Harddrive--I think the ram is ok.

It seemed to be the ram at the time, because when I pulled 2, the error stopped--for 2 days. But I also pressed on the chips and caps on the motherboard and stuff... so could have been an intermittent short or just dying.. could the mb dying cause the CPU to die?

I caught the bracket thing before it died though.. it'll automatically turn the pc off if it hits 65C. so what I originally thought was wrong WAS. Didn't wanna think that though.. but it seemed the ram could have been the issue, but nope.

just hair pulling.. lol. Will take some pics tomorrow of all the parts/cards I was swapping! lol!!

K, gonna go into coma. Wanted to wait and watch the server for a sec...

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote