View Single Post
Old 10-27-2002, 03:24 AM   #21
Jellyfish
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Nightowl2:
Really? What are the eight chambers (in the real world)? Now you've got me interested!

Nightowl2

Due to my poor english composition skill and limited vocabulary, I cannot describe that very well. I just try to put my best foot forward.

All the things are known as a lengend, but some parts were proved to be true.

As a monk, you may not get married, and you must be a vegetarian. Also, you must stand the cruel training and the meditation which will last for a long time.
In acient China, when a monk wanted to give up and leave the temple called Shao Lin located in the middle part of China, known as the origin of the monk martial arts( you still can visit it now if you go there.) , he must pass one test to get the permission to leave.

In this test, the monk would be sent into a chamber full of traps and mazes.
And there were 18 copper-made monks in the very end part of this test. They were some kind of machine guarding the exit. They were hard to beat because they mastered excelent martial arts and they were made of hard metals.

A lot of monks who wanted to leave just turned back again.

Because of this test, the people who wanted to join the temple to be a monk needed to consider it again and again before they went there, and the monks in the temple were all well-trained.