View Single Post
Old 12-05-2001, 11:32 AM   #38
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

quote:
Originally posted by Garnet FalconDance:
Thanks for clearing up the reasoning behind the "not in my name" puzzle.....

I'm afraid I won't be joining that campaign, however. You see, while I may or may not personally agree with the decision to send troops, I support the troops themselves. I was part of that group in Beirut several years ago, my sister was part of the troops in Desert Storm, my baby brother is on readiness alert still for this conflagration. Knowing that people 'back home' were standing behind me was more important most days than why the government had sent us!

So, while you may be against your government's sending in troops and you might not agree with armed presences at all, you might wish to keep in mind that regardless, these are your fellow countrymen who deep in their hearts can feel your support--or lack thereof. *That* is what will make the difference, not some silly tagline.

Nothing to join, Garnet. It isn't a campaign, as I'm sure you'd realise if you'd bothered to read this thread properly. MagiK asked a question, I answered it. Others joined in spontaneously.

There is no campaign, no clan, no mass ideology here.

I won't take up your other points here, as GD is the wrong place for discussions of this nature. That is what the war forum is for.