View Single Post
Old 10-13-2000, 11:46 AM   #2
Tipsy McSwagger

Greetings my merry adventuring kin. I have provided for you an opportunity to help me and my party out of what could be a most painful scrape. Being marked as a friend and ally of the venerable Tipsy McSwagger will no doubt make your life an easy one from this point out.

I seem to have found myself in the Locked Compound of the Temple District. Going upstairs causes all manner of evil mage to cast their foul magiks on my party. I have some strategies planned for this unfortuate situation but needed some clarification.

In BG1 I seem to remember being able to send Dynaheir upstairs without the rest of the party to handle a situation just like this. Are you still able to do this in BG2 or does the whole gang have to accompany me?

Also, let's say that I have one of the lasses cast Improved Invisibility on me and I am able to go upstairs all by my lonesome. Will I be able to disarm traps and set snares unmolested or will these blokes see me and attempt to do harm to my person? Does mass invisibility work in the same way as improved invisibility in the event that the whole party must venture upstairs (they can stand around unseen whilst I disarm traps and set snares)? Being able to disarm the many magical traps as well as plant some surprises for my spellslinging friends may make the battle that much easier. Of course no battle is difficult for such a fine adventurer as myself but that, as they say, is a story for another time.

Drink up.

-Tipsy