Thread: Treasures !
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2001, 01:53 PM   #23
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:

Ramon, I always keep a bit of money as a souvenir when I travel (even if I'm not supposed to ). One of my most treasured items is a Romanian 2000 lei note (about 30000 lei = £1 sterling when I got it). What is cool about this particular note is that it was produced specially for the eclipse of 1999 and it is made of plastic, with see through coloured plastic bits for the planets, sun and moon. I mean how cool does currency get??

I love that note!! I have three of them at home. Last summer I studied in Europe with four Romanians and they all carried a couple of them around to show people. Looking through the 'plastic' holes is kind of like looking through 3-D glasses. Of course one of them said the notes were un-tearable (is that a word? the notes could not be torn) so that set off a 'race' to see who could tear one first (I won, found that there are tiny creases along the edge that if you start there it will tear very easily). I think they had to make them so funky looking 'cause otherwise they are totally worthless

------------------

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear ignorant,
than open it and remove all doubt!