Thread: Cheating
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2001, 07:18 PM   #12
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Well there are different types of cheating, and different reasons for cheating. I mean, souping up your character so they have 25 for all stats is one sort, not my cup of tea, but if you want to do that, fine. The only time that annoys me is if they then say, hey, such and such baddie was really easy, you must be hopeless if you can't beat him, and it turns out they have a ridiculously overpowered character with ridiculously overpowered equipment.

Then the sort like Mel described, where it's for convenience and improved enjoyment. There's certainly nothing wrong with cheating in a key piece of equipment you somehow misplaced, or a bag of holding for early on if you're soloing. It just makes the game more fun and not a hassle.

Then there's cheating for bugs, romances and such, nothing wrong with that obviously. For instance, I encountered a bug where an enemy in ToB I was fighting would get down to near death, but no matter how much damage I did she wouldn't die. This had been a very long battle to get to this point, and I felt that had the bug not happened, I would have killed her easily (I did at least 1000 damage to her on near death). So I reloaded and used ctrl+y - I felt that I'd already killed her and shouldn't have to do the entire battle again.