Thread: The Boogre Bar!
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2001, 03:09 AM   #27
Thry Cracix
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thought I'd share my funny anecdote with you guys!

I was on my second run through the game with my solo character and was gonna create a second character, but never got around to it. So my Zenmaster collects all the happy Tomes again and I beat the final pyramid. As teleport back to the town, Mr. Buhsido Guildmaster asks me if I'd like to be a Zenmaster. Already being a Zenmaster, I figured, "Sure, why not, I can finally get rid of these tomes!"
Well, kind Mr. Guildmaster says, "Zenmaster coming right up!" So I eagerly check my stats after he gives me the promotion to see what kind of bonus I'll get for being a double Zenmaster!

Having gone into town with +400 to hit and +200 to parry, I was a might surprised to see that my ZENMASTER LEVEL HAD BEEN RESET TO ONE, AND MY HIT AND PARRY WERE NOW +2!!!!!

Smacking Mr. Bushido Guildmaster across the face with one hand as I hit the "Load Game" Button with the other, I reluctantly returned to the BEGINNING of Cet's Pyramid and wiped it out again, dropping the tomes into the lava pool outside Cet's room where I believe they still remain...