View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 05:45 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: Elder Scrolls Online

Well I did the beta, decided to sub, got three toons to 50 (one to vet 2, the other 2 to vet 1) and a 4th to 43 but it's getting boring now. It's great from a levelling point of view, probably the best levelling MMO along with SWTOR. Storyline is awesome. But just like SWTOR there's really no endgame to speak of. Respec costs are ridiculous for a game that supposedly allows to to "play how you want". PvP is basically mostly zerg which is fun if you like that but there's really not much individual skill involved.

The most annoying thing is that it goes from a great levelling storyline from level 1 - 50 then from vet 1 - 12 (vet levels are levels you earn when you hit level 50) is a boring grind.

I feel like ESO fell between two stools - they tried to keep the immersion folks happy (the ones that make up the majority of fans of the franchise) but at the same time tried to keep MMO fans happy as well, and it's very difficult to do that as they are in many cases mutually exclusive. It's hard for the immersion folks to stay immersed and roleplay that they are "the major No1 superhero of Tamriel" when there are 100 other people doing the exact same thing as you, clearing the exact same dungeon, killing the same bosses, etc. On the other hand MMO players get frustrated at how hard it is to actually play in a group with all the phasing that goes on in ESO - if you are further along a questline as your friend you will NOT be able to see him in the world even if you are grouped together.

I also found that compared to other MMOs like WoW or Wildstar the interface was very slow and antiquated.

Last edited by Memnoch; 08-04-2014 at 05:49 AM.
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote