View Single Post
Old 02-17-2003, 10:38 AM   #23
Elif Godson
Dracolich

ALWAYS, ALways be honest, it helps. As a father of two girls I find it paramount that the boyfriend(or my case since there still to young)friend be honest with me and my daughters as well. I told my oldest that if she wanted to go play with a "boy" then I would have to the young man and his parents first, and to my surprise she actually did it she had her one friend "Eric" and his parents wait one day just so they could meet me and I could approve or disapprove, it was rather cute and she has done it ever since for the most part. The boy's parent were kind enough to wait for me to show up, heh they only live 3 blocks away from my house but they waitied at the school for for almost a half hour. I could go into a lot of particulars on this but hey, ye dont need to know all this . Talk to your girls father, be honest and do not come off the least bit cockesure if you do your ship my just be sunk. If he invites you into the backyard, RUN, high tail it out the front door No we fathers can be a bit heavy handed and just think the torment you are going through, hers is more then likely worse, provided she's a daddy's girl
Dont know if this helps or if it seems like pointless jabbering, Im tired, my fridge broke, roof sprung a leak and my baby kept me up most the night.