View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 06:31 AM   #32
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Default Re: Japan's Mega 8.9 Earthquake! - Tsunami Generated! And Nuclear Reactor Emergency

WoW and Barrens chat will always be a nasty thing - Kids never understand how serious these things can be. I remember an incident in Denmark in 2001 - the evening WTC collapsed a paelastinian man was driving through the streets in Copenhagen celebrating with flags out the window and honking his horn. The press asked him what he was celebrating and he said brazenly on television that the americans had been taught a lesson. He had to go underground after since about 20% of the people in Denmark wanted to evoke shia law and stone the idiot till he died - while the rest of Denmark just wanted to beat him up.

In my eyes Japan is cultured, civilized and peaceful country ( as is Germany for that matter ) and nothing could earn them the sticker that they deserved this. I find it so terrible that a country that has implemented so many high tech solutions to quakes are conquered this easily by a tsunami - but I guess a tsunami isn't something you really can protect from.

anyways I hope this is soon over for the japaneese but I think it will not be - with such a major disruption of the tectonic plates as we have seen here - they actually changed the axis of the earth by 2.4 meters - there is bound to be some nasty after quakes and this will mean volcanoes erupting ( since Japan has a few of those on the tectonic line ) and worse yet....if another quake hits in the sea it will generate a new tsunami - its a law of nature *cry*
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote