View Single Post
Old 08-16-2003, 09:53 PM   #7
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Secret Master and Legolas and anyone else who may be interested,

Perhaps this will be helpful for you:

The game is running on an AD&D basis which is somehat flexible. For newer players, we've asked that their characters be in the level 10-14 range. A couple characters from the orignal thread are higher, but everyone else fits within that range. We are not looking for evil characters, nor are plane-touched or Drow characters good fits with the game.

I have been using a 1st edition AD&D basis for the game mainly because I find it to be the most flexible and adaptable of the different systems. However, I am conversant with the rules for 2nd and 3rd edition as well and have encouraged players to create characters in the ruleset within which they feel most comfortable as we can readily negotiate any necessary adjustments from that point.

As far as magic items go -- figure on 1-4 simple magic items of your choosing. Provided they are not overly powerful, most suggestions will be granted. As Larry noted, this is a difficult game in which the players are quite literally struggling against very long odds. It is also a very fun game to be involved in as it has produced some of the best roleplaying these boards have seen.

Personally, I am looking forward to gaming with you.

[ 08-16-2003, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: Cyril Darkcloud ]