View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 07:54 AM   #10
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Default Re: Awakening - Game shutting down.

I found this while browsing the tech support forums on Bioware.

This is mostly applicable to AMD multi proc computers - so for my instance a Quad 3.0 needed some tweaking - I am about to test it out now to see if it works.

Fix for Crashing to Desktop on Multi-core systems (also slows the memory leakage)
This applies especially to AMD processors but also affects some Intel Core 2 Duo and Core 2 quads!
For dual core set to CPU 1 only, for quad core set to CPU 2 and 3, for i7s set to 4, 5, 6, and 7.

Set processor affinity
Open windows Task Manager. Right click on the Taskbar of your windows vista desktop and select Task Manager or press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Windows Task Manager
Click on the Processes tab
Click on the Show processes from all users button, at the bottom
Click the Continue button for UAC prompt
Right click the process (application) whose processor affinity you want to change
Click Set Affinity
Check the CPU(s) that you want the process (application) to run on and click OK
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote