View Single Post
Old 10-16-2002, 05:19 PM   #1
MagiK

I listend to Bush make his speach and thought he did an outstanding job. I also noted that he got a standing O not only from the republicans but also from the Democrats. Both sides of the house and senate approved the authorization for use of force against Iraq. This was approved by both parties by a LARGE margin.

So now all the doom and gloom types can get off that line that it is only the Bush Administration that thinks force may be needed against Iraq. With this legislation Bush COULD if he wanted order an attack right now..but he specificly stated that while he could, he is NOT issuing any orders for an attack.

The President also reminded me of a few things that most people have forgotten about the last time inspectors tried to do their jobs in Iraq. They were bullied, intimidated, shot at threatened and had to watch as soldiers burned documents while they held the inspectors off with weapons.

Iraq now has over 75 Presidential Palaces which Saddam claims the inspectors have no right to search. He is also saying that we cannot search Hospitals or schools (perfect places for biological weapon development). Anyone want to be that the inspectors are intimidated and threatened again?