View Single Post
Old 04-18-2003, 11:22 AM   #5
Lil Lil

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
http://english.aljazeera.net/topics/...&parent_id=258

Yeah, I know it is Al Jazeera, but What is up with this propaganda or is it?

quote:

“Some of my colleagues are virtually certain that there will be some
weapons of mass destruction found, even though they might have to be planted,” said retired CIA intelligence analyst Ray McGovern. He told the AFP that he believes that some amount of banned weapon will be found but not, “by any stretch [that] would justify the charge of a threat against the US or anyone else.”
Huh? what retired cia analyst would admit to planting evidence, they must have made that guy up!

So anyway... will we see Hans Blix back in Iraq to finish the job?

I like this irony:

Quote:
To begin the rebuilding process however, sanctions must be removed. Ironically, to remove the US-led sanctions the US will need the support of the UN, the same UN that the US seems to be jockeying out of the picture.
Although the polled American public seems unswayed by the sudden change for the reason of the war from womd to liberaton, it seems those other nations (the united ones) we snubbed are going to hold the Coaliton to all of their principled reasons to start a war. I'm curious to see it all unfold.

[/QUOTE]Did you hear Donald Rumsfield yesterday? "I don't think we'll find any WoMD"
According to him, the people of Iraq will be pointing out where they are, provided any of them were left alive by the regime.

The coalition has to prove that they exist in order to quell the anger they caused in the U.N. for going in without total approval (and it has already been "proven" that the countries hindering total approval via the U.N. were commiting crimes in their dealing with the regime in spite of the U.N. imposed sanctions). Never mind that the "agricultural pesticides" were neither stored as they should have been had they been intended for agricultural use nor were they stored near any agricultural areas or facilities that could have used them. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

There are work-arounds if progress is hindered. It was assumed long ago that anything and everything found (that is proven to be part of a WoMD plan) will be suspect to having been planted...we live in a politically paranoid world...this guy feeding propaganda to Al-Jazeera is just more proof of that. [img]smile.gif[/img]

No matter how right you are, there will always be someone willing to stand up in front of everyone and say that you are wrong.

[ 04-18-2003, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: Lil Lil ]