Thread: Skyrim
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 11:38 PM   #10
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Default Re: Skyrim

I'll be getting the PC version of Skyrim for Christmas! So I can't wait to play it.. (Will make a forum for it and replace the Starcraft forum with it) And add a Diablo III Forum.

(We gotta create a clan Ironworks for Diablo III Guys, it'll be a BLAST!)

Wanted the PC version of Skyrim due to the awesome Creation kit modding tools. If its not TOO hard to make a mod, I plan on trying to make some small ones at first.. very unique, and fun...And you all will get to beta test them before I put them up for download on the other main sites!!!

BTW, on a sad note, that NEW 'Neverwinter' game that was supposed to be tailored for dungeon creation and PW's... well, Perfect World's Acquisition of Cryptic Studios just happened, and Perfect World has decided to change the direction of NWN:MMO.. Its now a FULL MMO.. and not free to play.. micro transactions and crap..

And the 'modding tool' is the same lame ass limited version that Star Trek Online uses..

It's like they are creating a list of "how can we make this fail MORE" points....
It's also now not a MPRPG.. its an 'Action RPG'.. much more limited in everything..

I personally hope Wizards pulls their D&D licenses from this game and stop it from being made... it WILL be a major failure the way they are talking.. simply check out the forum responses on Cryptics forums:

http://forums.playneverwinter.com/showthread.php?t=4481

BTW, I had zero hopes for this game.. as Cryptic isn't that hot with games.. Just like I had low expectations for Obsidian Entertainments NWN2 game... When I heard that they gutted the DM Client and other things.. a limited toolset, and so many other things that made HUGE modders from NWN1 just walk away after a month.. Remember, most of the high-ups at the now Obsidian E. also made the #1 all time worst AD&D game in history--- 'Descent to Undermountain'. The game wasn't even FINISHED when released.. the engine was based on the Descent engine with gravity, but monsters still floated.. and when they died, blocked your way down a path.. tons of early game stopping bugs, and the sound effects... when you use magic, its some guy whistling.. yeah... And Feargus Urquhart was the lead on that. (Now you know why everything Feargus Urquhart is linked to is bug ridden and sloppy).. Black Isle was different.. they had many other smarter designers and coders... but Feargus Urquhart and Interplay clashed a lot...

So, Skyrim should be great! There are a few bugs, but they will be worked out--many have already right? And Diablo 3-- we gotta get a clan together.. When I make the Diablo 3 Forum, I'll make a sticky so we can all get our clans together.. same server etc...

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote