View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 12:01 PM   #2
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Default Re: IWD2: A few questions about Barbarians:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klorox View Post
1)Does their STR bonus while Raging stack with other STR bonuses (potions, Bull's Strength spells, ect.)?

2)Does their speed bonus apply while wearing heavy armor (I can't find anywhere in the rulebook saying it doesn't, but I know in D&D 3e they should slow down to normal speed in heavy armor)?
I'm not sure about the answer to the first question, but I can definately say that the answer to the second one is no. Even if you take the heavy armor as a feat (in this case they won't incur any penalties from wearing the armor, except that they'll lose their faster speed).

For me it was a blessing. I don't like the extra speed because it causes my barbarian to move ahead of the party (and not stay in group). So I took the heavy armor feat for him (to remove penalties) and voila, problem solved. When I needed him to move fast I just gave him medium armor.

(ahhh... good days, it was a halfling barbarian/bard - the halfling subrace that has barbarian as favored class. I loved the guy)

btw, I think monk and barbarian speed should be an ability you can turn on and off (like power attack for example). It only makes sense that a character can walk slowly if he wishes to.