View Single Post
Old 12-04-2004, 11:03 PM   #18
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
Thanks Cerek!
And where the heck you been... working on that busted up computer of yours?
How did you get around the Minotaur not speaking any language, or one or some such thing? What about alignment? Are you restricted there or is it flexible?
Heya Variol.

I actually think my computer is fixed - or at least as "fixed" as it's gonna be. I took it to a different shop and told them to just wipe EVERYTHING off the HD and re-install ONLY the O.S. and Office97. That cleared up a LOT of the problems, but it would still do the random reboot on me. So I went back to PC shop #1 and just told them flat out that I wanted the motherboard replaced. It was still under warranty and I wanted a new one. No "troubleshooting", No "diagnosing the problem". Just get a new motherboard and put it in. Apparantly, when the new board came back, it would not work with the HD...so they replaced the HD. Apparanlty IT had a bad sector and THAT was what was causing ALL of my problems all this time. The owner of the PC shop could tell I wasn't happy with how things had gone, so he didn't even charge any labor for installing the new components (which he shouldn't have anyway). He DID try to send me on a bit of a guilt trip by telling me this was a "top of the line motherboard" that normally cost $200 and they had given me a BIG discount on it to begin with. It's true, they did...but that was because the motherboard had NO BACKPLATE on it..and I never asked them to give me the discount. They made that offer on their own. So his attempted guilt trip fell on deaf ears.

As for the minotaur, it speaks Common (as most humanoids would if you're going to allow them to be characters) and it could be the same alignment as regular barbarians (ie any chaotic alignment).