View Single Post
Old 11-11-2001, 01:25 PM   #14
Melusine
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
For your info, clerics and bards are awesome in BGII, and even better in ToB. The skalds song makes your guys immune to mindflayer hold. Clerics rock, and thats the truth. and mages become the strongest in ToB.

SPOILERS ABOUT GAME ENDING AND WATCHER'S KEEP ADD-ON

I wholeheartedly agree. I have always loved to play clerics, and they can be extremely effective, as well as fun to play. I'm playing a Cleric of Lathander now which I played all the way through BG1 and TOTSC (for the tomes). Her stats are unreal but wholly legit. I rolled quite high stats in BG1 to begin with (A ROLL OF 91 IIRC) and gave her 18 points in wisdom, as well as 17 in STR CON DEX. Add the three tomes of wisdom you can find, that means a legit 21 WIS. With Crom Faeyr her STR is 25 and the ring of Human Influence makes her CHR rise to 18. After helping myself to the extra bonuses of Lum the Mad's Machine in Watcher's Keep and those you receive in Hell (unfortunately lost a few statpoints there as well...oh well. In the Bhaal Dream I sacrificed intelligence). Think her stats now are:
STR 20 (25 w. Crom Faeyr)
DEX 18
CON 19
INT 11
WIS 23
CHR 17 (doffed the ring of Human influence because I needed the spot for a better ring)

She can walk into a room full of vampires turning undead, they will all go "splut" With the Mace Of Disruption +2 she is both immune to level drain and finishes off any undead that she cannot turn yet (finished Kangaxx off with a lucky blow after a few hits) and wielding Crom Faeyr she takes care of the rest. Her AC is -17 now (just started playing TOB) and she has about half of the party's kills to her name. Clerics rule!