View Single Post
Old 04-28-2001, 11:23 AM   #1
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

As I mentioned in my opening post, my (ex)girlfriend, through no malice, accidently did something to my system which makes it impossible to play any game.

All I have learned is that i have a bunch of missing/invalid "file application paths" and DLLs, whatever they are...

I know nothing, and I mean NOTHING, about computers, programming, etc. All I can do is install new hardware and let Windows do the rest.

The fixes that have been suggested, and tried (but not worked) are: getting Microsoft Updates, reinstalling Windows (I have ME, now), searching for updated drivers on the web (is that annoying, or what???) and tossing the 'puter out the window.

The symptoms: load a game... intros play, click "play," everything crashes back to desktop. Happens with every GAME I own. Can run all other programs, including Print Shop, with no problem. Intro movies run fine and animation previews at various web sites are fine. I do have all the latest patches, no extray fancy (or hacking) downloads and am generally frustrated and discouraged. Other than that, all is well