View Single Post
Old 05-23-2003, 04:45 AM   #9
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
I would be a whole lot more impressed if she were competing against the men on equal footing..special forward tee positions just means she can't compete by playing by the same rules. If you are in the Mens catagory...tee off from where all the men do.

Sorry but I am for equal rights...not "more than equal rights" or "special Exceptions"

That said, she'd beat the pants off me...my best score ever was an 88 [img]smile.gif[/img]
On no - a classic case of shooting from the hip - he lines up the shot and

AIRBALL [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/uhoh2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evillaughter2.gif[/img]

Sorry to tell you Ray, she is competing on an equal footing, she has no special forward tee positions, and she is playing by the same set of rules. She is in the men's category, and she is teeing off from where all the men do.

Is is historic - sure is in this day and age - the age of the athlete golfer where men (and women) hit the gym heavily to get extra length through physical conditioning.

It was great seeing Annika hit in a 6 iron to a par 3 and watch the next 10 guys hit 6 iron. I only watched the first 14 holes - it was getting too late for me (1:30 am), but in terms of how close to the pin your approach shot was, she would have easily been in the top 10 % of what I saw. Her putting really let her down - it is these shorter shots where the nerves and the tension of the occasion were most likely to get to her. But for some more confidence in the putting stroke, she would have been up in the top 20 easily.

Go Annika [img]smile.gif[/img]