Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2002, 07:04 PM   #130
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

quote:
Originally posted by Drake:

Garnet FalconDance please it looks to me like you are getting angry, if so than please can't it end?

"*All* pagans are ***NOT*** Wiccans" now as I said befor I understood you the first time you said this.

...I'm not saying he or you are right, I just wanted to know where both of you where coming from is all.

BTW I asked him too why he was saying what he was saying and instead of answering me he just got angry and started ranting about how stupid people are. sux I block him so now I will never know.

Drake,

I'd like to answer your question (if I can) as an outside observer who does not practice the Wiccan religion.

Your friend misinterpreted and misused the term "wicca". I believe his reaction confirms that. When you questioned him about it, he apparantly just started ranting.

Garnet was correct in her analogy to Christian religion (my personal favorite - I am a Baptist). ALL Baptist are Christians, but not all Christians are Baptist. Methodists, Protestants, Lutherans are all branches of Christianity. And I can assure you that NONE of them feel they worship God in a "wiccan" manner.

Paganism is the same. Wiccan is one particular example of a pagan religion, but there are several others.

I understand that you want to give equal weight to both sides, so that you can choose for yourself who is correct. But, for future reference, consider the expertise and knowledge of your sources. Garnet is an active practitioner of the Wiccan religion. I mean no disrespect to your friend, but is he also a Wiccan, or was he repeating something he read on the internet?