View Single Post
Old 02-03-2006, 05:55 PM   #2
Lucern
Quintesson

I've only played around with rentals...so this is only battlefield experience with no testing or training. It's also been fully 10 years since I've played with them.

Questions and Answers:

1)I bet you can find such specs somewhere, but as for velocity, you can see the projectile

2&4)Old stingray model semi-auto shoots 7 per second if your finger is willing and able. There are full auto ones, of course...

3)Assuming 1 jam incident per reload (not unreasonable), requiring some shaking, I'd say 7-10 seconds if you had the ammo at the ready and weren't concerned whether a few spilled. Given the ranges at which they're used, running out of ammo usually means 'death' unless you're well supported.

5)A)Longest shot I've made is about 100 yards, with a longer barreled gun (the stingray), arcing up somewhat like a bow. Very lucky. B)Paintball guns in my day begin to sink significantly at like 30 yards.

Now for my questions:

Where are you going with that, Mister? (What in tarnation are you doing?) Deputy Sheriff? Marking what? Were you firing rock salt at people? If you plan to play with others rather than wreak domestic terror, freezing paintballs will get you ejected, or at the least, make you fairly unpopular

And be careful, you'll put someone's eye out.
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote