Thread: Slipknot
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2004, 02:58 PM   #6
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
In my opinion, that's not good heavy metal. And I hate their image, with the masks and all. But Joey Jordison, their drummer, is really spectacular. Don't think I've ever heard a drummer better than him, especially at the double bass, and I've heard alot.
I think the image was to be liked only because of the music IIRC. And their music isn't exactly heavy metal [img]tongue.gif[/img] I'd put it more like death-ish

BTW I think for good double bass (and other cool stuff) you'd better look in other genres than heavy metal. I think I listened to some bands I hated for some time just for the drums, I still actually listen to it sometimes. Nick Barker from ex-cradle of filth and ex(I think)-dimmu borgir is an example, he rocks, shame the rest of the music and lyrics aren't my stuff. The Children of Bodom drummer can do some really cool stuff, I found a site with a drum solo from a concert and it was awesome. Also After Forever and Epica have great double bass, but a lot of other death-/black-/doom-ish bands have. But unfortunately you often need a special taste to listen to it.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote