Old 12-08-2004, 09:03 AM   #16
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Callum:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
Violence IS the answer.

Strangely enough I hate violence, conflict, fighting, etc. But, it seems to be the only stimulus that humans really respond to.

I wish this wasn't the case, unfortunately as I've mentioned before, I believe the human race is one of the universe's greatest mistakes. Stupid, glorified hairless apes who live to throw rocks and stuff at each other, the only way you get them to stop, throw rocks back at them.

Boy, we've come a LONG way.
Actually, quantum physics, chaos theory, and/or complexity theory say we are far from big mistakes, the universe needs us to be able to exist, and created us so that it could exist... [/QUOTE]Meh, humans devised those theories so they must be stupid and wrong. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Humanity likes to think its more important than it actually is.

How did Megatron put it...

"What the Hell does your kind know about evolution? You pathetic bags of flesh...wandering around this rock...thinking you're in control...waiting for the next Ice Age to wipe you out. It's going to be a pleasure speeding up the process."

In fact here's Megatron's view on Humanity:

"...Look at how they act when pushed to the edge...when death hovers over them. Watch how they kick and claw at each other, worried about only themselves. they're not like us Prime...they've no fight in them. You despise me for my cruelty...my brutality...my lack of compassion. I assure you Prime, these humans are far worse.The goodness you see in them...the virtues you praise...they don't exist! You fight for what you want them to be, never seeing them for what they really are. Join me, forget the humans, they're worthless."

Much more effective with the complimentary images of people ignoring people's cries for help, news stations interest with catching the news, and people lootin stores in the middle of the chaos going on.

Prime's views:

"Over and over you preach that the humans are not like us, well Megatron. You're right. They're not. They've no programming to guide them...no Prime directive to follow...their actions are theirs and theirs alone. You think that makes them weak. That they stand for nothing. I think that makes them strong. They've a battle that you or I can never truly know...a battle to choose. You think I'm blind to the evil choices they've made? I'm not a fool. I see them, but unlike you that's not all I see. I see the few that sacrifice...sacrifice of themselves...to carve out a Prime Directive of their own. No matter the cost. It's for the sacrifices of those few that I fight..."

Again, much more effective alongside images of firefighters rescuing people out of collapsing buildings, people helping one another and people sacrificing themelves to save others lives.

Prime's point would have been more effective if a human General didn't decide two pages later to Nuke New York city and all it's inhabitants in order to ensure the destruction of ALL the transformers on Earth.