Thread: Guns.
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2002, 01:50 PM   #88
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
First off this sounds like Im way angrier than I am..these are just questions I have, and my writing style seems to be lacking today
Or maybe not just today [img]smile.gif[/img]

Whats wrong with the NRA? They are useing the democratic process to support their views, how is that any different from people who use it to support other views? And don't go giving me that republican/NRA conspiracy crap, for 40 years the Democrats controlled the House and Senate and did nothing to get rid of guns.

As for "Powerful guns" Exactly what is the difference between getting killed with a .22 cal target pistol and getting killed with a 155mm Howitzer? Either way you are DEAD.
The NRA uses their power to subvert the democratic process through lobbying and other such niceties, their commitment to a regressive right wing agenda and their support of that nutcase john ashcroft is very telling.[/QB][/QUOTE]You are saying that lobying...and lobbyists are illegal and not part of the american political process? Im afraid if you look at it that way then there are quite a few bigger worries than the NRA, the NRA is not even close to being the biggest lobby in DC, ever heard of the AFofL CIO? The Teamsters? The Sierra club? The NRA is playing the game by the rules that 40 years of Democratic majority has developed, don't blame them for playing by the oppositions rules.

By the way, there is NO such thing as a Right wing agenda....every group has its own agenda, the right wing is no more organized than any other group of a hundred million or so people, and you can also toss out the BS about the "Vast right wing conspiracy" too.