View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 01:37 AM   #1
Winterfell
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Default Alot of bitching about NWN 1 and the patching system

I recently went back to neverwinter nights 1. and I spent about a week playing the first chapter to figure out how it worked. I then got the hang of it and starteds playing for real. Along the way however, I discovered CEP and the cool new content that requires v1.69. I couldn't wait for this awesome stuff so I immediately updated to 1.69 and "Kaboom" all of my savegames are gone.............................................. .................. Is there a method for retrieving these lost save files? does any one know?

But I mean is that seriously an acceptable bug? I have just spent two days getting back to the same place I was before. It appears to me that the game has become alot more elitist than when I first played it seven years ago. If you search online CEP content is entirely without explanation and only useful to people who know what to do with it... And it took me three hours to find an installation tutorial... Honestly, I'm happy sounding like an idiot if it makes the process easier for the next "idiot" who decides he'd like to play the game. I know I've come into the picture alot later than most people but I personally think the customer support is atrocious and I think the fact that the majority of people already know all the technical details just serves to alianate any potential newcomers to the game (myself included).

Last edited by Winterfell; 08-06-2010 at 02:03 AM.
Winterfell is offline   Reply With Quote