View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 11:37 PM   #23
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
That's true, but all the big names haven't brought what everyone expected them to bring. Compared with Morrowind, i think Oblivion lacks a few things here and there, Morrowind has much more depth in the storyline, and the whole world had a mysterious feel to it, i miss that in Oblivion. Same goed for NWN2 more or less. I think i finished NWN at least a half dozen times, i don't think NWN2 has he same replayability as NWN, but that's just my 2 cents.

Maybe a new Baldurs Gate could breathe new life into things, but i doubt there will ever be one. They don't make games of a Baldurs Gate and Torment caliber anymore. I hope i'm wrong, but i think we have the best in RPG's behind us.
I agree. PC games are an unfortunate victim of greed. This is why we have half-finished products released, because they know that via the standard modem a computer comes with, it can be later patched in. Nowadays it's worse (i know we've all seen it together here on these forums). They don't just leave bugs to patch in but also content! That's it, leave a game half done and patch the rest of it in. Usually you see core things in the very first patch (like classes or spells) which is always a warning sign. With consoles they have to be tested more thoroughly since most don't use internet connections and the players would simply demand a refund.

We are getting the short end of the stick, simply because PC's have internet access so assumptions are made and release dates are pushed. It is of course bad form to treat your customers this way, and can only lose you more money that it gains in the long run but if it isn't against the law you can sure they will continue to do so.