View Single Post
Old 06-04-2001, 01:17 AM   #10
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Awww, RudeDawg...

I guess it happens to all of us, at some point in time. But you are so right, it is the little things.

Little things, left unattended, turn into BIG things.

I'm truly sorry, my friend. But you will find someone else! Let your wonderful heart be seen.

yup, and she was TWO relationships back... but, again, it's the "little things" you remember. All the good memories are of the "little things", the times neither of you were trying, things just clicked.

The bad memories are when the "little things" are left behind. When she no longer cares if you are happy, or sick. When you notice she quit saying "Thank You" When you stop caring about her day.

You can still go through the motions with the "big things", the dates, the dinners with friends, the outward appearance. but the private things are gone. "Goodnight" means "Goodbye", and your heart doesn't skip when you hear her voice on the phone.

You know it's over when you suspect there's someone else, and the only pain is your pride. Besides that, there was only relief that it was over, and you weren't the bad guy.

On the OTHER hand, the "little things" make your life worth living.

I believe that joy is relative to the risk to reach it. To have the ultimate joy, you must risk total annihilation. Some times you fall, but sometimes you fly. And I'm here to tell you. It's worth the risk, I SWEAR TO G*D, when it works, love is the greatest... It is worth the risk.

------------------