View Single Post
Old 03-15-2001, 10:23 AM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Moni: you have to be at the current role level to be able to cast corresponding spells of that level. That is, a 2nd level character cannot cast or learn 3rd level spells! Otherwise, Warlock shouldn't be a problem with learning older spell books.

HINT: To get up in levels fast, fight Rumphy in the crypt. He's the best thing to get newly-changed roles up fast in level.

BTW: The "Scroll of Misinformation" may say what it does, but I still hold that Presence doesn't make a hill of beans. It seems to be more an effect of whos in what position. I notice that the character in the 4th position is the only one to get attacked by spiders, while the one in the 2nd position is the only one to get attacked by slimes. The Rattkin almost always go for the one in the 3rd position. Ironically, the 1st position guy almost always escapes attack (except for Erathsmedor in the Shire), and some undead. Ironic, because the 1st position is where most people put their strongest fighter/paladin/barbarian , what-have-you.

So I still contend with "Presence." It may have been intended to work that way, but I have yet to see it.

-Sazerac

P.S. "Beware the Ides of March"!

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 03-15-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 03-15-2001).]
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote