View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 10:19 AM   #32
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Arrow Re: Bioware: It's over?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sever View Post
Surely if there's a single games producer on the planet with the means to resist the lecherous advances of the sleazy pimp, it'd be blizzard, yes?
That's a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Goulum View Post
A lot goes on in Alberta. Bioware is simply an outstanding company. Some things they do for their staff that was listed included having a full kitchen stocked with food, 3 weeks vacation each year (most companies only offer 2 up here), extended Christmas vacations, extra week off after release of a new game, onsite theater for the staff to enjoy.. When I visited BioWare, I remember thinking how laid back everything was, at least from my impression of a game company. They had arcade machines for staff to play on, fooseball tables and air hockey tables. All of which they were free to use if they got too frustrated or stressed with their work. I have to wonder how much of that will change when EA takes over.
You can bet all that will go out the window when the EA guy come around to "review" things and make "improvements".

Oh well... there's still Ubisoft in Montreal, that has been responsible for Prince of Persia and a bunch of other nice games. And last time someone tried to buy Ubisoft the French Government shot it down.