View Single Post
Old 10-06-2001, 07:37 AM   #8
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Is anybody else getting just a tiny bit tired of this extreme fascination with ranks or is it just me??? WTF does it matter what your rank is and what the picture that goes with it looks like? What if I said I *like* the Egyptian pics and dislike the dragon ones (speaking hypothetically here in case you didn't notice). You can't please everybody you know? Of course it's always nice to give Ziroc some advice, but could we all for one minute just realise 1. just how busy he ALREADY is 2. what a great forum we ALREADY have without everybody getting personal ranks etc?? Sure it would be NICE, but give us all a break... for the past time, all I could see as a result of discussions like these is people getting more and more obsessed with ranks and it's NOT very constructive to the forum. Everybody is pointing at everybody, yelling "spam!", but hey, it's not that difficult to write 100 so-called meaningful posts a day with a secret motivation of rasing one's rank and get away with it.

Not that I mind everybody giving his or her ideas and personal preferences, but I've just seen it escalate a few times and I'm not too happy about it

people strive for diversity, there is nothing wrong with standing out, or wanting to be different

everyone has their own taste. they are crazy for ranks, not a bad thing. hardly immature

I suggest we choose our own PORTRAT, post a picture, along with the OPTION to choose from IW ranks

don't forget to put in something like "Honored Patron: DeuxCentCequante, Since March 2001"

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 10-06-2001).]