View Single Post
Old 02-28-2003, 06:54 PM   #4
MagiK

Uhh first, TL I thought "pork" was when they did that to bring spending back to their home states? I didn't know it meant all of that crap....but the expert and major teacher would be Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia [img]smile.gif[/img]

Secondly, its about damn time somebody used that place for something. Having been there, I can tell you, that this side of siberia there isn't amore useless waste of space on the planet.

Edit: Your untouched nature is a freezing cold tundra with permafrost that goes down several feet. The only time that area will be truely usefull to anyone is when the axis of the earth tilts or the global warming actually happens. The caribou and other wild life will do just fine even after drilling, they lived through the Alaska Pipeline, and they will survive drilling there. As for how much oil is or isn't there....Neither side really has any idea, just guesses and suppositions but every little bit helps....or we could do nothing and just sit on our hands all the time

Edit 2: I really hate it when the eco-people show grass and trees and butterflys when campaigning about the arctic...as if any of that has anything to do with ANWAR ...sheesh.

[ 02-28-2003, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]