View Single Post
Old 07-16-2001, 05:06 PM   #21
Unknown Origin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
seems to me that tsr are dropping everything now. Mystara,Spelljammer Dark sun and no 3rd edtion dragonlance now, anything that doesnt fit in with forgotten realms. As much as i like the FR, I dont want to be limited to just that.

Well... FR is pretty big, and it is only as limited as one allows it to be.

Personally I like FR a lot, and from a game designers perspective I would think having ton's of well done source material makes things pretty nice. I thought the Dragonlance stuff back in the Gold Box days fell way short and kind of sucked. I would rather that they got the class and kit details right and went to a completely different part of the Realms next time around. I thought Spelljammer, Dark Sun, etc kind of sucked. There just was not as much information, and development for those world settings as FR.

You could make a completely different game with the IE in the Realms and it could be made to have a completely different feel and story than previous games. I have to agree, also, that the way that they did the Mages in DL kind of sucked. I thought the Red/Grey/Black bit was too constraining. Plus, from a purity standpoint, Dragonlance is not really "D&D" in my book. It is more of a spinoff or affectation within a gaming system that it does not belong in. Yeah the original stories were good, but I will take Forgotten Realms over Dragonlance any day. In fact if an IE game using Dragonlance came out (which it won't) I would more than likely not buy it. Probably because when they tried it in the Gold Box it jaded me against it.

[This message has been edited by Unknown Origin (edited 07-16-2001).]