View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 02:20 PM   #4
the Dark Neighbor
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Bungleau, you've more backbone than me if you plan to take out the salads with your band of peasant rabble. But, I guess the challenge is what makes it fun. Many good stories such as yours are about a group of unlikely heroes beating the odds.

I once played a lone elven wizard, Wilhelm, who used ONLY stone magic, and I can tell you, I'd NEVER want to face those mean-green-mothers again without the Burning Haze spell and a crapload of Cure Poison spells. And as a warning, Meteorstorm just didn't work well for me against those guys. Willy just had to avoid those leafy SOBs until he learned Petrification [img]smile.gif[/img] .

BTW... Wilhelm only made it as far as the Stout Mines before he realized he wasn't going to get anywhere without the Illumination spell (weapon shops seem to have a limited number of torches and lanterns for sale ) And he also couldn't use Pry scrolls for some reason; apparently you have to at least have the Vinecraft skill for them to work. Willy had to try and bash open every single chest (Stonegrave traps always resulted in several reloads). Perhaps word of Willy's misadventures would help your peasants stay alive? But then again, your peasants at least had the sense to go out in a group rather than having just one idiot wizard trying to do it alone!
the Dark Neighbor is offline   Reply With Quote