View Single Post
Old 11-08-2001, 12:48 PM   #10
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

quote:
Originally posted by Morgeruat:

ok, but what hope does that offer me, a nice guy in his early 20's(and the even younger readers)trying to date people my own age, if it takes so long for women to figure out what they want...

... sorry if i seem slightly annoyed but i got dumped yesterday for a jerk

Sorry you got dumped, sweetheart... Never mind, it frees you up for a female with slightly better instincts......

Not all women are screwed up in childhood by dreadful fathers - you may be lucky enough to meet someone who's 'normal'. (Ugh, hate that word...)

Another aspect of the problem has to do with the type of male stereotypes that are projected as desirable by films, TV, advertising all over. Both women and men are brainwashed by these stereotypes, to some extent, into seeing the characteristics portrayed as desirable.

So what you're looking for is a. a woman who hasn't been screwed up by bad parenting, b. who is aware enough (of herself and the world around her) not to fall for the old macho male crap.

Good luck, dude! (And don't forget, many of us slightly more experienced females are not adverse to a guy that's younger. I went through a whole decade when I only went out with men a lot younger than myself..... ) Get creative! Explore the options!