View Single Post
Old 11-29-2002, 02:16 AM   #24
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yes the identity theft could be a smaller part of a bigger problem.
No-one seems to have really addressed this and yes it may sound like something straight out of a sci-fi movie but...When you have the technology to do something as extrordinary as 'copying' the gift of life you have alot of power there.

To make a point here i'll quote Ben Parker 'With great power comes great responsibility'. We need only take a look at the condition the world and it's people are in (not to mention current events) to understand that not everyone appreciates this. There are those who wish to use it for medical purposes, enabling them to make great strides indefinately but there will always be those who make use of this for their own selfish needs (money, power, recognition etc.).
Imagine if the technology got loose. It is plausible that with the rate our technology is advancing, the act of cloning could be readily accesible to the average person in the future.

Yes of course there will be laws. Restrictions and the like, prohibiting the practice to unauthorized personnel but you know, they also said that about nuclear weapons.

[ 11-29-2002, 02:17 AM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]