View Single Post
Old 08-21-2002, 09:34 AM   #3
Lox
Manshoon

A quick note/question on Assasinations. Like so many others, I stole the soul gems from the mages guild in Balmora back when I was doing quests for Ajhira. I did a couple writs for the Morag Tong, but the Ordinators came, looked at my writ and said, "This seems to be in order, but those soul gems and that exquisite robe were reported missing 200 days ago in a town about 50 miles away." Needless to say I was furious, but after retaining the Argothian lawyer He-Who-Will-Take-Any-Case I found out that I don't have a legal leg to stand on, let alone a courthouse to file a grievance in. So much for my career as an assassin.

So does anyone have a solution for this problem? The only thing I could think of was to wait until I've finished collecting all the souls I need, stash all my gems and other "stolen" merchandise somewhere, and complete all the Tong quests at one time. This is slightly less cumbersome than dropping my gems on the floor after every assassination.

Oh yeah, I already tried the "These aren't the soul gems you're looking for" trick, but apparently Ordinators have stronger wills than Storm Troopers.