View Single Post
Old 11-11-2001, 08:50 PM   #36
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

you know why i truly love the monk class?
slight spoiler
in the underdark instead of working with the drow i decided the wipe the city from the bowels of the earth, and kill every drow there, which really wasn't much of a challenge. Even the 5 or 6 stone golems in the dragons eggs chamber wasn't a big deal. then after doing that i decided i need to go clean out that beholder den as well. now instead of taking my whole party through there and working together to take out all those beholders, sometimes coming at you 3 at a time with 3 gauths as well; i decided to just take minsc. now minsc was changed to a monk when i got him using shadowkeeper, as i mentioned on this thread before. minsc was about a 20th level monk at the time. so i took him and cleaned out the entire den, i know he personally killed at least 9 beholders, countless gauths, and at least 3 mindflayers, all without resting once, or using any healing ability or spell except for the ring of regeneration, consequently he only ended up losing 1/2 his power when he was done. i dont know if he had any yet, but i didnt use any high level special abilities that you get with TOB, though those can be really really helpful. now i didnt keep trying this until i got it, this was spontaneous and on the first time. minsc just brawled his way through there. now this may not makes sense to everyone, but thats one of the main reasons i like the monk class.