View Single Post
Old 12-22-2000, 11:17 AM   #17
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Very funny, good material. Hope it comes back replenished and ready for speed when it goes.
No prob about the question of course.
And though I don't work in the computer industry I use them to record music now. Much like you are using computers for your work they can't be escaped! The bummer is when recording for a 12 to 18 hour day it used to be just your ears and hearing that got 'fried' or REALLY tired. Now the eyes get hammered as well. Programs like Protools sound great, work well and make the process so much easier, but man they make the writing small! There are a few of us who now complain of 'Protools strain' - neck cramps with eye strain thrown in.

Anyhow how is France today? I've been to Paris, what a town. I cried as I got on the plane to come back to Oz - not that there's anything wrong with Australia I love it here in Sydney - but because I knew I wouldn't be back to such an inspiring, visually fascinating and culturally intoxicating city in quite a while. This was about seven years ago, and I've resolved to hit Europe again in early feb 2001. Get back to Suul-Yinns beloved Scotland, see some friends in Deutschland and Switzerland, as well as Ireland, England and France. I'll come back a penniless pauper but rich in spirit.
Cest la vie.