View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004, 05:16 AM   #1
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

I am getting SO frustrated with my home PC!!! I've listed the various problems I've had before - but the biggest problem has been that the PC will simply shut down and reboot without ANY warning whatsoever. I then get a message saying "The system has recovered from a serious error."

The frustrating thing is that I JUST GOT MY PC BACK from the shop AGAIN. I took it to a different shop this time and told them I didn't want them to "troubleshoot" or "diagnose" the problem in any way. I simply wanted them to wipe my harddrive clean and do a brand-new, fresh install of the O.S. The previous shop had screwed up my Installation each time they tried it. Even though they eventually got it right, I figured their previous mistakes must have caused some type of anomaly in the system that caused this frequent rebooting. So wiping the system clean and starting over seemed to be the most logical approach to eliminating ANY such anomalies, viruses or anything else that could be causing the problem.

Well, obviously, I was wrong. I got my PC back and deliberately did NOT install anything new on the computer (except for a new game I bought over the weekend). And it has crashed on me TWICE in the last 24 hours. The really frustrating thing is that these crashes occurred right in the middle of along post to another forum. I had been working on one response for over 30 minutes when I had to get up and go help with the baby for a minute. When I came back, the system had rebooted and I lost EVERYTHING! [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img]

According to the last Error Report, the problem is supposedly being caused by one of my Device Drivers. Does ANYBODY have ANY idea how to fix this??? I've put too much money into this system to scrap it now. Besides, I can't believe that it is so freakin hard to figure out WHAT is causing the problem.

Please help before I end up putting my fist through the screen and have to buy a new monitor on top of everything else.