View Single Post
Old 03-14-2001, 04:18 PM   #1
Epona
Zartan

Way back in the mists of time (the Old Board), there were threads on this very question.

But with so many newcomers to our wonderful cafe, I thought I would ask again about people's nicknames, as a way of saying a little bit about ourselves.

Also because a couple of people have asked me if I got mine from Zelda (no, I didn't, I've never played Zelda).

So, please let us know why you chose your nickname, and if it means anything special, relates to mythology, fiction, D&D, whatever, I am interested to find out.

Here is the background to my nickname -
EPONA:
was an ancient, pre-Roman Celtic/Gallic goddess. She was usually depicted with a horse, but sometimes *as* a mare. There have been many depictions of her found in Britain and northern France.

I picked the name because I'm interested in Archaeology, and wanted something linked with Celtic myth and religion. Another possibility was Morrigan, another Celtic goddess, but because there were already Moiraine and Moridin on the board I thought it was too similar and could cause (or cast?) confusion. I have used both Epona and Morrigan for female characters in BGII.

So tell me the background to your nicknames....

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.