View Single Post
Old 05-07-2004, 05:44 PM   #1
Marathon
Elminster

Hey guys - I just got this game and absolutely love it so far. I started with a pre-owned version and built a character without knowing much about skills (the game book didn't come with). I just picked up the GOTY version and want to re-start my character. Basically, I went with a Dark Elf, major skills: long blade (I love two handed swords), destruction, mysticism, athletics, light armor. Minor skills: speechcraft, security, sneak, acrobatics, and restoration. Took the sign of the Lady, combat as my major skill, and willpower & strength as my major attributes. I guess I want a stealthy fighter/mage that is self sufficient enough to get anywhere and eventually sneak/pick locks as needed. My questions are: Am I spreading my character too thin to begin? Since I have more skills overall that are stealth based, should I take that as my specialty, or magic to help with spell power over time? The amount of magic I have is low and very difficult to increase - I was thinking of adding conjuration to major skills and taking out something to help increase intelligence more quickly, as well as making it one of two initially boosted skills - any suggestions on this? Lastly, I like the Lady sign to boost personality and endurance (I run all the time and hate being low on stamina) - but are there better signs to take in your opinion?
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote