View Single Post
Old 07-06-2001, 11:50 AM   #10
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Let's see, I passed the American version, and while an Aussie, I have 4 Scottish Grandparents so I'm hoping for a 50% pass at least .

1/What famous world renouned scottish poet was born in 1759?

There's only one World renowned Scottish poet - Rabbie Burns, I visited his house in Ayrshire in 1997

2/Whats the name of the well known structure erected in Glasgow that looks like the an armadillo?

We passed through Glasgow on the bus too quickly - no idea

3/What has been placed on top of a statue in Glasgow which is now a tourist attraction?

Arrrgh, any Edinburgh or Inverness questions at all - Glasgow knowledge slim - another miss.

4/What is traditionally eaten in Scotland on the 25th January?

Haggis, piped in, and preferably with tatties and neeps

5/Who played William Wallace in the film Braveheart?

A fine Australian by the name of Mel Gibson

6/Which famous Scottish king led Scotland to freedom?

Robert the Bruce

7/If you lived in Glasgow what is a 44D?

What is it with Glasgow again - the standard Bra size of a Glaswegian girl

8/Which Scottish hooker recently was dropped from the British Lions squad despite playing 6 mins against the Wallabies in the first test?

British Lions - not a very memorable bunch, couldn't tell you, except his team is going to lose tomorrow night .

9/Where in Scotland did Golf originate from?

The Royal and Ancient Fairways of St Andrews (and I will be playing the course again next month - WOOHOO), although from memory, the links at Crail seemed to have some claim on being the oldest course????

10/Where in Scotland do the smallest variety of pony come from?

The Shetland Isles - haven't made it that far north, but have been to the Orkneys

11/Which famous english king said "the problem with Scotland is that it is full
of Scots!"?

Wasn't Eddie the whinger (you know, the one in Braveheart) was it??

12/Which Scottish Clan were the only army in Europe to defeat the Romans?

The proud clan of MacDonald of course (of which I am a member) - no idea really

13/Which Scottish mountain is the highest in Britain?

Ben Nevis - my Uncle has a farm called Achintee that is up the glen there - remember on the day I was there I had to climb halfway up the path and hold all the tourists back - he had the helicopter in spraying for Brackens which were threatening to take over the property.

14/What do you call a mountain in Scotland that is over 300 feet high?

Ben - let's face it, it really doesn't matter what you call it, you won't get it to come when you call anyway .

15/Name the town in Scotland that is associated with breathing?

Ayr, home of the famous Prestwick Golf course - yes, I did shoot 76 off the stick there 2 years ago

Hmmmm, I think I got 8 there

------------------