View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 01:30 AM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

For entering Stealth: (HiS + MS) / 2 = Your % chance of success.

For remaining in Stealth: MS = Your % chance of success.

The amount of time for which you will stay in Stealth after you "Leave Shadows" is determined by your MS score.

Man, this keyboard sucks. Anyway, as you can see, Hide in Shadows is barely implemented, though I hope this is something that can be fixed in some Tweak mod. Anyway, ideally, it's good to have your HiS around 50 and your MS around 100. That way, you've got a 75% chance of dropping out of sight when you need to, and a 100% chance of not blowing your cover. Personal preference varies, of course: I like to pretend that I don't know how gimped HiS is, and so treat both skills equally, putting both skills above 75% when I can.

Note: 100% does not guarantee invisibility. There are penalties for trying to Stealth in broad daylight, just as there are bonuses for hiding in dark areas with lots of cover. Also, I believe that even if your Move Silently is 250%, you will still break Stealth if you roll a 1.