View Single Post
Old 08-20-2004, 02:45 AM   #7
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
The first thing to do is find out exactly where the problem is. That's not easy. Is your computer as a whole running slowly? Is it only when connected to the internet? Do pages take a long time to come up? Have you installed new software lately that could be running in the background? Like an Antivirus package?
According to my task manager, I don't have any extra programs running in the background. My computer as a whole runs fine, it's just instant messaging and e-mails that run slow
I have a cable modem, and Ziroc, I have unlimited minutes.
If I get rid of AOL, I can just go use AIM for IMs and IE for web browsing. However, AIM has this slow IM problem as well.
The main reason that I don't wanna get rid of AOL is that I don't wanna have to change my e-mail and have to tell so many people about it. I'm aware that I can send an e-mail to all the people on my buddy list, but so many people on my buddy list don't even use AOL for me to send it directly to their screen name. It would just be a pain in the but.
I really can't figure out what the problem is, and I'm so tired of this. It's really getting on my nerves.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."