Thread: Nibiru
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2002, 01:28 AM   #37
Farscry
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Interesting views all. This is exactly what I was hoping for: lots of well-though ideas on both sides of the coin!

Again, I'm kinda sitting halfway between. I've read many other articles which offer fairly convincing arguments accounting for the physics involved, so I don't think that it's as simple to discount the theory as you would have us believe, Azred.

However, to make the leap to believing the currently popular theories about Nibiru takes some logical jumps which are rather difficult to accept. Personally, I hope Azred is right and this is a great big gust of hot air ruffling our knickers. (heh... now THERE'S an odd image...)

But, if climatic and geological data is analyzed from a certain point of view, you could make a case for the recent (as in the past decade) heightening of seismic and volcanic activity being caused by magnetic forces already being exerted by Nibiru upon our planet. And as for the "global warming" (which in all likelihood I believe is just a part of our natural climate cycle which is shifting away from the currently overly long interglacial period; a warming trend at the end followed by long-term cooling as has happened many times in the past), it too could be attributed to magnetic forces of Nibiru upon our iron core.

One last point (to get into the really crazy conspiracy crap), if the world governments KNEW that this planet was out there, and was pretty certain that it would be catastrophic, would they want to announce it and lead the world into a crazy panicky state? Think about it: who controls the powerful telescopes the world over? Government-funded astronomy agencies.

Kinda makes you wonder, eh? Heck, if I was a powerful world leader and new a disaster would strike the world in a few years, after which civilization and our resulting damaged ecology could not sustain such a high population, I don't know that I'd be willing to cause a widespread panic, despair, and possible breakdown of society by announcing it.

Just some thoughts. I'm enjoying reading others' perspectives though! (both in agreement and disagreement) Again, I don't fully buy this all myself, though I'm leaning a little towards it. If nothing else, I'll do just like I did with Y2k: do just enough planning to survive if it comes to pass, but not let it consume my life and alter my lifestyle completely "just in case". We'll know in plenty of time, though, because if the Nibiru scenario is true, we'll all see it for ourselves with out naked eyes with more than enough warning time.

Farscry