View Single Post
Old 10-10-2000, 11:31 AM   #5
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

One thing here, and it says in the book. If you change class to a new class that doesnt have the magic book of the old, say from Wizard (sun, stone), to Ninja (moon), you will only be able to get spells for sun and stone if you:

1. Have an experience level that matches the level of the spell, AND:

2. You have twice the level in that magic skill of the spell. So, say you want to get Meteor Shower, which is a level 7 stone spell. You'll have to have a stone magic level of 14 to get this spell!

There are two ways to go about getting lots of spells if you change class like mad like I do.

1. Get your character up to level 7 in their magic ASAP. Then, get all the spells for levels 4-7 first. That way, when they change class, they can get every spell from levels 3 to 1 (7/2 = 3.5). You could technically invest to a level of 8 in a magic and then just get levels 1-4 as well.

2. A MUCH EASIER WAY if you want to have a warrior class with a lot of magic is to make them a warlock, then work on all the magic. For instance, my wizard maxed out his stone and sun magic, then went to warlock. I'm now maxing out fiend and moon. Then I'll get ranger and max out vine, then to monk as my final class and max out fighting ability and spirit magic.

Another way, my Gnome priest maxed out her spirit magic and vine, but didnt get all the spells. I turned her into a samurai and maxed out sun magic. Now, I'm changing her to warlock to max out ALL the magic she has, except moon. Her final class will be a ninja, then she will max out moon and have all the spells in 5 magic groups, not to mention some awesome fighting skills!

This takes a long time, but let me tell you, having all your characters cast Firestorm, Meteor Shower and a few Magma Bombs in unison will utterly devastate any monsters you face!

Scronan