View Single Post
Old 12-27-2004, 08:36 AM   #45
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Aelia - I agree that one tournament doesn't define a career - or even the ability - of any golfer. I don't know if Tiger Woods has ever missed a cut, but there have been plenty of tournaments where he didn't finish in the top 5 - yet nobody questions his ability.

You're right that there are a number of men out there that miss the cut on several tournaments a year. If I remember correctly, Annika's performance was actually given a fairly good review. I believe she made it to the second round of cuts and most reports I heard were giving her credit for doing that well. It did raise questions of whether or not she could compete consistently on the same level as the men. Then again, there is one male golfer that is petitioning to have the restriction of golf cart use lifted. He has some type of problem with his hips and legs and cannot walk the full length of the course. Even though it has been an official rule of PGA for years that ALL participants MUST be able to walk the full length of the course without the use of a golf cart, this guy sued the PGA on grounds of discrimination (can't remember his name).

I don't follow golf at all, but I would imagine Annika could "keep up with the boys" if she really was given a fair shot and if she could ignore the tons of pressure that would be on her to perform well.

Johnny - Lisa Leslie may be good, but she has never had to face Shaq or Dikembe Mutumbo. Somehow, I don't think she would be able to dunk on someone that size. There aren't any 7ft centers in the WNBA.